Electrician - Journeyman
Calray Electric, Inc. has an opening for a State of California certified Journeyman Electrician for projects in the Southern California Region. There is an immediate need for journeymen in the San Diego area. Calray Electric, Inc. works in the Southwest region, with a primary focus in San Diego and Los Angeles counties.
This position will be paid at a prevailing wage rate, determined by the Federal Government, when working on site. Benefits include a Pension Plan, Medical and Dental insurance.
Responsibilities include reading blue prints, ordering materials, communicating with management personnel requirements and scheduling issues, and the demolition, installation and troubleshooting of electrical items not limited to: bending pipe and conduit, running wire, installing devices and lighting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work required for the construction and installation of electrical systems for commercial and industrial work projects
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring
- Tests electrical equipment, such as, motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency using standard test equipment and by observing functions
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding
- Install feeders
- Wire and conduit sizing
- Switchgear and device installation and termination
- Underground layout and rough-in
- Motors and controls troubleshooting
- Work responsibly using personal and company supplied tools and equipment
- Performs all job duties following all established safety standards
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment
- Maintains a “can do” attitude that is broadcast to those they influence
- Active State of California Journeyman license.
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and lift/carry up to 50lbs 100 feet
- Ability to climb ladders
- Work in extremes of temperature cold/heat
- Work around dirt, dust and other construction environs
- Use basic hand and power tools as required
- Able to supply their own personal tools per established tool list
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and Foreman in English
- Able to read instructions and follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to DoD facilities.
- Must be able to travel.