Office Manager/Project Coordinator Position
Calray Electric, Inc. is an electrical contractor that performs a large portion of their work in the Federal market place throughout California. We are looking for an Office Manager that enjoys a fast-paced environment where our employees and customers are our top priority. The position will not only be responsible for many duties in the office but will also assist with Project Coordinator duties with the number of projects, personnel and general contractors we support.
We are looking for a person that wants to make a career at our fast-growing company, that has a can do attitude and is always looking for solutions to get the job done to the highest standard. If you are looking for a company where you can shine, be recognized for your accomplishments and make a difference please apply today. The current salary will be between $23-30/hr and will be dependent on your experience. The position includes a number of benefits including health and dental insurance.
Office Management/Billing Duties:
- Prepare monthly billing based off schedule of values.
- Prepare and process invoices using Sage 100
- Process estimates
- Process and track payroll for staff
- File correspondence, reports, and forms for all projects
- Answer phones and monitor emails. Relay messages to the staff
- Scan, email and send Certified Payroll documents weekly
- Coordinate required employee training
- Assist with hiring and new hire processing
- Prepare releases for payment from Calray and subs.
Project Coordination Duties:
- Coordinate with Calray PMs and Foreman to discuss billable percentages for the month.
- Send monthly billing.
- Assist with procuring material quotes from vendors. This could be during pre-construction for large material purchases for lighting or during the project.
- During preconstruction, work to get together material submittals and put together Schedule of Values.
- Assist with change orders.
- Assist with other tasks such as material orders, booking hotels for personnel, procuring equipment for rental, etc.
- Provide take off support to Estimator during times of a lot of estimating such as year- end dump from the DoD (Aug-Sep).
- At least two-years experience with general clerical duties, preferably within the Construction industry.
- High School Diploma required. College or Trade School Education preferred.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) required.
- Experience with certified payroll and Davis Bacon wages.
- Experience with Sage 100 a plus but not required.
- General knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Experience within a construction environment.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Math, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail with a focus on providing exceptional client service.
- Self-motivated, reliable, timely and organized requiring minimal training.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Willing to travel occasionally to on-site projects.